Thursday, February 21, 2008

Akon Apologises For Dancing With 14-Year-Old

Singer Akon has apologised following footage of him dancing sexily on stage with a young teen in Trinidad appeared on the Internet.

The scandal which followed led to Verizon pulling its sponsorship of Akon’s US tour with Gwen Stefani.

It was later reported the girl, who Akon danced with during a nightclub gig last month, was just 14-years-old.


Akon says he did not know the girl was so young.

"I want to sincerely apologise for the embarrassment and any pain I've caused to the young woman who joined me on stage, her family and the Trinidad community for the events at my concert,” he says.

"It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in any way, especially those under the age of 18.

"That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience.

"Somehow, that standard was not met."

No comments:

Everybody's always down to be the painter but no one's wants to be in the picture....I'd rather be the painter left stroke, right stroke, paintin' the picture ...Ouu baby so soft I will be your painter...Paint that picture for you girl what's the business?